Heart Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Heart Breaker's forum!

I could use some feedback

Go down 
+3
rosierotten
Italian_Boy1Up
TragicAngel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

Blood : 5509

I could use some feedback Empty
PostSubject: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:14 am

This is a painting I've been working on for a couple of days now, I could use a little feed back. Harsh criticism is what i'm looking for. it's still a work in progress so I'm not done with it. It's inspired by the new movie coming out about Red Riding Hood, the dark story. I'm considering adding the werewolf to the picture, like peeking around the tree, but I haven't decided yet. I'm still working on the girl at the moment. Anyway. It's been aloooong time since I've done any art and i'm having to relearn things so i need the feedback lol.

Image removed for editing. I'll post it up again after I've had some time to rework it.

Last edited by TragicAngel on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:17 am

bah, i see so many things wrong >.< grrr
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Blood : 5637

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Hmmmmmm

I like the forest itself, but the colorful flowers kind of take away from the dark atmosphere. The girl also doesn't look quite as young and innocent as she could, and a wolf would be cool, but only if it was hard to see (except for the eyes), and kind of shrouded in the darkness of the forest.

That being said, it's still billion times better than any thing I could spend a year or more paining =P, but there's your "harsh" criticism lol.
Back to top Go down
https://theheartbreakers.forumotion.com
rosierotten

rosierotten

Blood : 5096

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:55 pm

She needs more shadowing and I agree with Chris. The forest needs to be more foreboding, darker, EVIL.

I also think her cape is not the right red. Maybe a darker red and more blonde for her hair as a contrast. I also think she should be more in the foreground so she is the focus of the painting. She kinda gets eaten up in this one.

I <3 the Spanish moss. It makes my heart smile.
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Thank you guys!

Italian_Boy1Up wrote:
Hmmmmmm

I like the forest itself, but the colorful flowers kind of take away from the dark atmosphere. The girl also doesn't look quite as young and innocent as she could, and a wolf would be cool, but only if it was hard to see (except for the eyes), and kind of shrouded in the darkness of the forest.

That being said, it's still billion times better than any thing I could spend a year or more paining =P, but there's your "harsh" criticism lol.

The girl doesn't look young and innocent because she's not supposed to be. She's an older girl.

rosierotten wrote:
She needs more shadowing and I agree with Chris. The forest needs to be more foreboding, darker, EVIL.

I also think her cape is not the right red. Maybe a darker red and more blonde for her hair as a contrast. I also think she should be more in the foreground so she is the focus of the painting. She kinda gets eaten up in this one.

I <3 the Spanish moss. It makes my heart smile.

I wanted her in the middle to background because I wanted the forest to slightly eat her up, it's supposed to look large and wild around her.

I see your points with the flowers, I liked it when I made it, but looking at it now, i see your point that it doesn't fit the character.

Thanks guys!! That's what I needed to hear.
Back to top Go down
Kastan2

Kastan2

Blood : 5007

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Thats painted!?!?! *jaw drop*
Back to top Go down
rosierotten

rosierotten

Blood : 5096

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:02 pm

! I know what was bothering me about the chick! She is too short! I think if you added a bit of height to her it would balance out. Took me a minute of staring before I saw what was bothering me about her. Smile She is too wide for her height specially in her shoulders. (not fat just not proportionate).
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:47 pm

point taken. i'll try to even her out. thank you!
Back to top Go down
REDHAIREDSHANKS

REDHAIREDSHANKS

Blood : 5092

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Aww you took it down already Sad
Back to top Go down
Shyladypoet

Shyladypoet

Blood : 5142

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:20 am

I'm always late *crosses arms & pouts* I wanna see.
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:22 pm

lol, i'm going to work on it more this weekend, depending on how much time i have to devote to it, i'll repost it this weekend. Think i'm going to redo the background.
Back to top Go down
Shyladypoet

Shyladypoet

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm waiting!!
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:04 pm

i ended up scrapping it >.< i'm going to do something different this time. I mean, same theme, just do it a different background. I"m hurrying!!
Back to top Go down
MsBunnylicious

MsBunnylicious

Blood : 4935

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm

I personally like the all complete grayish canvas... You really have to use your imagination to SEE the the picture at all. I think its shaded enough and could use a border and some color so I can SEE it.

P.S. I don't give a frack that you scrapped it! Post it back up so I can drool over how you can paint/draw and not me! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 am

lmao i <3 you bunny XD
Back to top Go down
MsBunnylicious

MsBunnylicious

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:51 pm

I love you too... I still see no pic though... **taps foot** I could use some feedback 1146
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 am

side note,.. seriously,,,.... everytime i play with you now, i have this mental image of you sitting there in your bunny hat lmao
Back to top Go down
Shyladypoet

Shyladypoet

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Hehe me too Razz
Back to top Go down
MsBunnylicious

MsBunnylicious

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Thats how I get in my "FP mood", its like a thinking cap, or when a lil kid wakes up to watch Saturday cartoons, ya gotta dress up and feel the UMPHH and mentally think, 'oh I'm so down and ready for this!'
I could use some feedback 448918
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Blood : 5637

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:47 am

You are an odd girl <.< lol.
Back to top Go down
https://theheartbreakers.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I could use some feedback   I could use some feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

I could use some feedback
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Breakers :: Off-Topic :: Random-
Jump to: