Heart Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Heart Breaker's forum!

I has a tattoo question!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

Blood : 5508

I has a tattoo question!!! Empty
PostSubject: I has a tattoo question!!!   I has a tattoo question!!! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:33 pm

I was just going to ask Rosie, but I figured I'd post it since it's been too quiet here lately on the forums and others can jump in. Anyway,... I want to get my first tat (finally) any suggestions? Advice? I don't mean like what to get, i mean, how to take care of it properly, etc, the first one is going on the inside of my wrist, should i expect this area to hurt worse than say,.. shoulder etc?
Back to top Go down
rosierotten

rosierotten

Blood : 5095

PostSubject: Re: I has a tattoo question!!!   I has a tattoo question!!! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 11:40 pm

The inside of the wrist is a very visible place. Make sure that getting it wont hinder your future career choices in any way. Also make sure it isnt a terribly big piece and something in good taste.

The wrist will fade over time and will need to be touched up on a regular basis. The closer to your hand you go the worse it will hurt. Best bet is to have it above your sleeve line so you can hide it with a bracelet or shirt sleeve when needed.

I recommend using lotion to heal it. When you get home after getting it done remove the bandage and "scald" it. Which means runs the hottest water you can stand over it. What this does is open the pores and allows the ink to get in a bit better. Use an anti bacterial soap non scented. Follow that with cold water to close the pores. Pat dry not rub. Use a thin layer of lotion that is non scented with no coloring. You want to have it soft not suffocating in lotion. Over kill is the leading cause of color loss. Dont go swimming or soak in a bath tub for at least 2 weeks.
It is going to dry out and when it does put more lotion on it. It should not scab. It will peel after about 3 days to a week. This is normal and whatever you do dont pick at it. Let if come off in the shower. Its going to itch like crazy but thats a good thing it means it is healing. Once it peels it will have a "shiny" look to it. This means it is externally healed and you can finally go swimming.

After a month you will know if you need to go back for any touch ups.

When selecting a tattooer make sure to request his portfolio. If he refuses run. What you need to look for are consistent lines of the same thickness with out it being shaky. Also look at the drawing itself. If it looks wrong then dont let the guy tattoo you. Look at his shading work. Does it look solid or are there places he visibly missed? DO NOT get anything off the walls. This is called FLASH and is the sure sign of a poorly thought out tattoo. Bring in your ideas and tell the artist. If he cant draw it then dont let him tattoo you.

When you go to get your tattoo make sure you eat. You want to make sure your blood sugar is at a high level to prevent any kind of shock or fainting. Take a sugary drink with you as well. Also dont take 15 of your friends. One is almost too much. This pisses off tattooers to no end. The shop is full but only one person is getting something. Poor taste and bad manners. Wear loose fitting clothing on whatever part of the body you are getting tattooed. Make sure you have a conversation with the artist and you feel comfortable with them. This is an intimate permanent step in life and you want a good memory of it not a bad one. Make sure you bring a valid state issued ID with you and bring cash. Also make sure you tip. 20% is best and will make you a good customer as apposed to a bad one. Your skin is in their hands so kissing ass is always a good thing. This goes for getting piercings as well.

Hope this helps. And if you have any more questions ask away!
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I has a tattoo question!!!   I has a tattoo question!!! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Thanks Rosie, the tips help alot, now I know what to do after, i was going to ask about tipping too, thanks for that, that's exactly what I was wanting to know. I want it on the inside of my wrist because 1) it's coverable by a bracelet when I need to (which i usually don't) and 2) it's something that i'll see constantly and be a constant reminder. It's a symbolic dragonfly made out of initials that I came up with. There's a tattooist here that I've seen some of his work and i've been very impressed so far, very neat and vibrant. And for the size, it'll only be about $60 which is doable for me lol.

My ear piercing is going to be harder to fix. I had double piercings in the bottom of both ears, the top of the two on one ear got ripped out a few years ago, split my ear. It healed nicely and isn't very noticeable, but I want to get the hole re-pierced so that when I wear something it hides it nicely. I'm nervous about finding someone to do it right.
Back to top Go down
rosierotten

rosierotten

Blood : 5095

PostSubject: Re: I has a tattoo question!!!   I has a tattoo question!!! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:50 pm

If you are in OK city go to the shop I recommended before. Or check out www.safepiercing.com to find a piercer. Wish I was closer cause I would love to fix it for you.

Also make sure everything he uses is in a sterile baggy. Hep B is not something that should come with a tattoo.
Back to top Go down
TragicAngel

TragicAngel

PostSubject: Re: I has a tattoo question!!!   I has a tattoo question!!! EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:18 pm

thanks Rosie! it'll be a long time before i make it down to the City, but, by the time i get around to getting it re pierced might be around the same time Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I has a tattoo question!!!   I has a tattoo question!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I has a tattoo question!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Breakers :: Off-Topic :: Random-
Jump to: