Heart Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Heart Breaker's forum!

Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pimentel2

Blood : 5020

Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! Empty
PostSubject: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm

On Forumotion's Help Forum, I have made a suggestion for them to improve the chatbox. But, for Forumotion to even regonize it as "important" we need lots of votes, and I can't do that without the support of other Forumotion forums. The task is simple.

Register on the support forum here -> http://help.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=register

Go to the Suggestion Thread here and vote YES, also posting and explaining your reasoning would also help. -> http://help.forumotion.com/suggestions-for-your-forums-f30/advanced-chatbox-20-suggestion-t65837.htm

Also, users of forums can also weigh in, not just admins Wink

If Forumotion accepts my suggestion, it will add the following features to the Forumotion chatbox:

Advanced Permissions

Description: Manage several permissions of the Advanced Chatbox such as some of the permissions listed below with a panel similar to the Forum Permissions Advanced Panel

Permission to view Chat - Limit the people who can view your chat by Usergroup, and/or username.
Whisper Function - Limit of the use of people who can use the Whipser function by Usergroup and/or username (The same ability you have with limiting Private Messaging in the forum)
Report Function Integration - Limit the use of the Report function by Usergroup and/or username.
Channels - Limit the use of SPECIFIC channels by usergroup and/or username.

Whisper Function - Can be disabled
Description: Send a message to specific user(s) on the chat that is only viewable to the users your specified

Ex.

User A: (Whisper to User B) Test Message

Notification - Optional
Description: Browsing another tab, but you fear you'll fear a message? Sound is unpopular, so I went for a different approach.

If a message is sent, your tab will flash (like a highlighted tab), Off by Default, can be activated via the ACP and Users can disable it specifically for them via the Profile/UCP.

Report User Function - Optional
Description: People just don't break rules on the forum. They also break 'em on the chat as well, but if no mods are present, the abuse will continue.

With the Report User Function, you can right click a user on the Online list and click "Report User" which would send a report into the Reports panel, with a copy of the archives at the time for further investigation.

Channels/Instance - Off by default
Description: Need to discuss something with a group of users? Go into another Channel/Instance! Very useful to hold a Moderator meeting without disabling the whole entire chat to other users.

Of course, Channels can be managed by the Advanced Permissions function to specific usergroups/users
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

Blood : 5640

Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks Pim, I'll take a look at it.
Back to top Go down
https://theheartbreakers.forumotion.com
pimentel2

Blood : 5020

PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:46 pm

No problem Italian!
Back to top Go down
OpenWaterSwim

OpenWaterSwim

Blood : 5093

PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:45 am

I voted yes, but I believe that all of it should be optional at the choice of the administrator with the option that sound could be turned off by the end user.
Back to top Go down
http://www.OpenWaterSwim.com/
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Yes definitely, sound is great when I'm multitasking, but not so much if I'm actually there talking. I guess I could mute my computer, but then I'd have to mute my music or wouldn't be able to hear my youtube video or whatever else I may have up.
Back to top Go down
jamn1080

jamn1080

Blood : 5233

PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 pm

booooooo, no one usez the chat anymorezz
Back to top Go down
Italian_Boy1Up
Admin
Italian_Boy1Up

PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 am

I've been getting on like once a day <.< but nobody is ever on lol.
Back to top Go down
jamn1080

jamn1080

Blood : 5233

PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 am

same..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!   Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it! Empty

Back to top Go down

Think the chatbox sucks? No need to worry, you can get Forumotion to improve it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Breakers :: Forum Information :: Forum Announcements-
Jump to: